Head of Infrastructure - New York, New York City, US
$120,000 - $140,000
Job type: Permanent
Primary duties will be to design, develop, configure, implement and maintain internal and external networks and application infrastructures within a distributed hosting environment.
- Proven prior experience of managing Infrastructure staff and vendors with the ability to drive accountability, manage timelines, resources, deadlines, day to day support and to clearly identify deliverables and management projects and the team members.
- Oversees the administration of systems, networks, firewalls, and servers (e.g. email, accounts, IP assignments, security, antivirus, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring maximum availability.
- Improve the effectiveness of the IT team and vendors to reduce downtime levels, strive for 99.9% uptime.
- Checking for security breaches, and poor data management practices. Knowledge of Ethical Hacking and Forensic Investigation.
- Establishing and monitoring compliant processes relating to license conditions & guidelines.
- Maintains network operations, capacity monitoring and recommendation to ensure pristine performance across all aspects of the infrastructure topology. Designs infrastructure (physical and virtual) for the purpose of ensuring efficiency and capacity validation.
- Obtain knowledge transfer from IT consultants regarding all technologies in the Data Center.
- Advise management on technology investments and initiatives and would be accountable for developing IT technology standards in line with the company requirements and industry best practices. Ability to assess and recommend cost-effective technologies in accordance with the company’s strategic objectives
- Build a strong asset management practice within the organization.
- Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports. Ensures performance appraisals are completed in a timely fashion.
- Collaborates with Application teams to develop application specific frameworks for the establishment and maintenance of availability, capacity and performance management
- Builds and develops organizational processes and procedures to support business needs.
- Manages internal issue queue and service desk/problem management staff as it relates to assigned applications to ensure customer satisfaction and timely issue resolution
- Lead, train, hire, discipline, terminate talent as needed.
- Cultivate a deep bench of technical talent to deliver results and support future growth
- Provides On-Call support as required
- Other duties as assigned.
Our client is a leading distribution company that have experience huge revenue growth over the last 5 years from $50m to $200m. The company invests in the latest technology to help drive the business forward.
- Demonstrated experience with standard software applications, including MS Office, Antivirus Software, Windows and Windows Server operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of network routers, hubs, firewalls, switches and their configuration and protocols, terms and concepts.
- Meraki Routers, Meraki Swithches, CiscoMeraki Firewalls
- DNS, Domain Controllers
- Active Directory
- Wireless AP’s
- WAN – MPLS, Broadband
- Demonstrated experience with VMWarer virtualization
- Demonstrated experience with Office365 Suite
- Demonstrated experience with Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
- Demonstrated experience with the support and troubleshooting of personal computers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of setting up remote access for users, via VPN and/ or Citrix.
- Experience with Avaya telephony applications and systems and VOIP systems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Must have a strong dedication to customer service.
- Experience with Linux, MS-SQL.
- Training ability/experience a plus.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead projects and people while still remaining hands-on with a variety of infrastructure technologies. The company is constantly investing in its staff and technology and is looking for a passionate leader to join their team. Please email email@example.com or call 646 202 1761 to find out more about the role.