Dynamics Software Engineer - Washington, Washington, D.C., US
$100,000 - $115,000
Job type: Permanent
The Software Engineer is responsible for playing a significant role in designing, developing, implementing, testing and supporting the Microsoft applications and integrated solutions. The role contributes to solutions and strategies for accomplishing viable automated solutions for complex business processes. The role will be responsible for the build out the next generation of our Microsoft platform. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable software solutions on the Microsoft platforms.
- Investigating and using new technologies where relevant; Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Providing written knowledge transfer material; Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures; Maintaining and improving existing codebases and peer review code changes
- Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Improving system quality by identifying issues and common patterns, and developing standard operating procedures
- Enhancing applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations and designing and implementing systems
- Liaising with colleagues to implement technical designs
Our client is based in D.C. and operates in the energy sector. They offer a great benefits package to their full-time employees, with an amazing pension scheme.
- Bachelor’s degree or significant relevant experience is required
- Hands-on experience working with technologies like SharePoint, .NET, Power Apps, Flow, Dynamics 365, etc.
- Strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies like ansible, chef, puppet, etc.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience the following software/tools:
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Azure, AWS, etc.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Azure DevOps, Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with monitoring technologies like Nagios, Ganglia, etc.
- Experience with modern programming languages like Java, Python, etc.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl, Shell, etc.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
This role will be based at a fixed location in D.C, so it’s perfect for any Software Developers who aren’t looking to be on the road 24/7. The benefits package offered by our client are a complete standout and it really shows they look after their staff and reward loyalty. So, if you’re looking to join a vibrant company in the alternative energy Industry then don’t delay in getting in touch!
Contact job poster directly
Recruitment Consultant - USA