Microsoft Dynamics AX – Lead Technical Architect - London, Greater London, UK
£70,000 - £95,000
Job type: Permanent
My client is looking for an experienced Dynamics AX Technical Architect to be accountable for the technical design of Dynamics AX solutions and supporting infrastructure. You will work closely with both the functional team and clients. Your day-to-day function will require you to work closely with Consultants in designing solutions tailored to the customers’ requirements which are often large-scale enterprise Dynamics AX projects. This will require you to take a hands-on approach in designing and leading the technical implementation of Dynamics AX products, working with both onshore and offshore development teams. You will need to demonstrate an effective balance between management with a broad range of technical skills being an asset for this role. The AX Technical Architect is a key role to my client. It is a dynamic and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly developing business area within an established and market-leading global firm.
My client has over 16 years’ experience providing business solutions to clients globally, specialising in verticals from retail to distribution. This is an exciting opportunity to work with the latest AX projects and have the opportunity to further your Dynamics career. My client is building a world class Microsoft Dynamics Practice. The practice is focusing on advisory services that relate to the Microsoft Dynamics family of products. This includes implementation of these systems and engagements relating to Independent Programme Assurance when a 3rd party is implementing these.
- Experience with AX with 2012 and 2009 with at least a minimum of 4 years, including appropriate certification;
- Experience with or exposure to AX7 will be considered as an asset;
- Knowledge of AX implementation and end to end implementation;
- Experience with AX interfacing and Integration;
- Knowledge in gathering technical requirement;
- Beneficial to know Agile and Sure Step methodologies;
- Experience in other technologies such as SQL, PowerBI, SSAS, SharePoint along with knowledge of Azure, LCS, and .Net;
- Good understanding of functional capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics AX – including certification in one of:
- 1) Financials
- 2) Human Resources
- 3) Project Management and Accounting
- 4) Procurement & Sourcing
- 5) Trade & Logistics
- 6) Retail
- 7) Others
- Knowledge of best practices for working with offshore teams;
- Graduate from a top University;
- A relevant degree within a computational discipline;
- Experience responding to RFPs and RFQs would be beneficial.
- Expertise in providing development solutions in a Microsoft Dynamics AX environment; Extensive experience as an ERP consultant;
- Experience with Dynamics AX in a Lead Development Consulting role;
- Experience of at least two large scale ERP implementations;
- Adept at Business Requirement Analysis with a focus on reducing development effort;
- Pre-sales experience;
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills;
- Business process mapping, modelling and documentation knowledge;
- Experience of mentoring junior and offshore staff.
This is a magnificent opportunity to join an established Microsoft Partner with an extensive client base. You will be able to progress your career through gaining experience in a challenging and exciting sales environment.