Microsoft Dynamics AX Applications Manager - London, UK
£50,000 - £70,000
Job type: Permanent
This role is for a leading retail company and you will be responsible for the day to day operations of major applications systems.
- Working with developers, network and operations staff ensure that the AX application systems are available and operating correctly at all times.
- Proactively manage the environment working with network and operations staff to anticipate potential problems.
- Plan the work of the AX team, ensuring that work is adequately scoped, estimated and that schedules are met.
- Working with the IT Director, and peers within the IT team, ensure that resources are currently allocated and that individual workloads are balanced.
- Help prioritize projects based on direction from the IT Director and the Steering Teams.
- Help plan and execute upgrades to environments as needed.
- Provide alternative solutions and/or workarounds when a requested solution is not feasible.
- Develops direct reports so that they can take on additional responsibility and learn new skills.
- Instructs direct reports on industry best practices.
- Manage projects within their area of responsibility.
- Perform Business Analysis functions as needed.
Our client is a global retail company with their head office in London. The company are investing in technology and are looking for an experienced AX professional with leadership skills to lead the AX team and AX projects.
- Minimum: 10 years’ experience in an enterprise applications environment with responsibility for maintaining and managing an ERP system.
- Experience in the retail industry
- Ability to pull together a cross-functional team to achieve business objectives.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platform.
- Ability to identify and weigh alternatives in problem solving and implement optional solutions.
- Ability to document data via company provided computer programs.
- Ability to apply project management skills and provide leadership in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Good judgment in decision-making skills.
- Ability to accommodate flexible working hours and travel requirements (10-15%).
- Experience upgrading and deploying enterprise applications.
- Basic report writing and querying using SQL.
- Basic project management skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced AX professional to join a global retail organization and take the lead on all AX projects. This role will involve managing people and projects and will offer the opportunity to shape the IT/ ERP strategy for the company.