Microsoft Dynamics AX Technical Architect - Chicago, Illinois, US
$120,000 - $140,000
Job type: Permanent
Our client is a Microsoft Gold Partner and they are looking for a Microsoft Dynamics AX Technical Architects to join their team on a full time basis. The successful candidate will need to have a good knowledge of the AX product, review client business processes and re-engineer the client’s processes to improve efficiency, and performing many of the functional tasks required for a successful AX implementation. Our client prides itself on staff retention and invests heavily in their staff; with this role giving you the opportunity to move to utilise and improve your skills as a Technical Architect.
- Responsible for the development phases of full-cycle Microsoft Dynamics AX implementations
- Mentoring junior developers where required
- Providing support and training where necessary
- Leveraging current applications and recommending new applications to support company goals
- Work closely with sales team to collect and document prospects’ business needs (i.e. performing diagnostics, discovery, etc.); develop a specific value proposition for each prospecting scenario
- Performing a Solution Advisory/Solution Architect role in the analysis phase of an AX implementation
- Offer oversight to delivery team throughout the implementation process
Our client has a large technology practice providing technology software and services and a multitude of advisory services. They continue to evolve and expand their capabilities—adding new services, enhancing technical proficiencies, and extending geographic reach of various organisations.
- 3+ years Dynamics AX development experience
- Hands-on experience with multi-phase, multi-country, enterprise-wide AX implementation with focus on presales/business development as well as engagement delivery Professional experience in .NET technologies such as WPF, WCF, ASP.NET, ADO.NET
- Be based in/willing to relocate to Portland
- An ability to articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms including a working knowledge of different architectural frameworks that may be used by our customers
- Being able to connect and get things done without hierarchical oversight
- Excellent Communication and Customer facing skills
Our client believes in empowering their staff with real time career development, offering diverse and challenging work, and providing solid growth opportunities; offering paid exam costs for professional certifications and tuition reimbursement. They also have an attractive medical/dental package and 401k match. So if you have a let's get down to business, roll up your sleeves mind-set, then this could be your next big career move!