Systems/ Network Administrator - Medford, New York, US
$80,000 - $100,000
Job type: Permanent
Primary duties will be to design, develop, configure, implement and maintain internal and external network and application infrastructures within a distributed hosting environment. First and second level helpdesk support, name services, server, storage and network administration are key responsibilities of this role.
- Administration of systems, networks, firewalls, and servers (e.g. email, accounts, IP assignments, security, antivirus, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring maximum availability.
- Improve the effectiveness of the IT team and vendors to reduce downtime levels, strive for 99.9% uptime.
- End User Support and training
- Provides On-Call support as required
- Other duties as assigned.
Our client is a leading distribution company that have experience huge revenue growth over the last 5 years from $50m to $200m. The company invests in the latest technology to help drive the business forward.
- Demonstrated experience with standard software applications, including MS Office, Antivirus Software, Windows and Windows Server operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of network routers, hubs, firewalls, switches and their configuration and protocols, terms and concepts.
- Meraki Routers, Meraki Switches, Cisco Meraki Firewalls
- DNS, Domain Controllers
- Active Directory
- Wireless AP’s
- WAN – MPLS, Broadband
- Demonstrated experience with VMWare virtualization
- Demonstrated experience with Office365 Suite
- Demonstrated experience with Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
- Demonstrated experience with the support and troubleshooting of personal computers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of setting up remote access for users, via VPN and/ or Citrix.
- Experience with Avaya telephony applications and systems and VOIP systems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Must have a strong dedication to customer service.
- Experience with Linux, MS-SQL.
- Training ability/experience a plus.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Systems/ Network Admin to join a rapidly growing company in the Medford, NY area.
Contact job poster directly
Principal Recruitment Consultant - USA