Controller - Leading Manufacturing company -Alabama - Alabama, Alabama, US
$140,000 - $150,000
Job type: Permanent
We’ve working with a leading manufacturing company based in Prattville, AL to hire a experienced Controller to lead the accounting team (4 finance professionals).
The Controller will lead financial and administrative management of a growing business reporting directly to the VP of Finance. As the Financial lead, you’ll be acting as the top accounting person within the organization, allowing you to take ownership of the success of the finance team while building on your people management skills.
- Oversees all aspects of accounting including, but not limited to, the monthly close and financial reporting, account analysis and reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, collection, product costing and inventory transactional reporting.
- Prepare monthly/weekly financial reporting, comparisons to prior year and budget, periodic reforecasting, operational KPI’s and monthly board presentations.
- Manage external relationships related to finance, human resources, information technology and administration of the business including lenders, financial advisors, benefits, tax, etc.
- Manage optimization of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Manage and train a team of one Accounting Manager, Cost Accountant, Senior Accountant and Staff Accountant.
- Drive corporate initiatives to expand use of internal applications including, Microsoft Office, PowerBI, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Power Automate, Power Apps, etc.
A leading manufacturing company based in Prattville, AL
- 7 years plus of work experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, CPA preferred
- Previous experience with ERPs, D365 F&O preferred
- Financial knowledge and understanding of key financial measures and accounting methods with an emphasis on financial analysis, accurate forecasting, budgeting
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP, regulatory accounting and reporting requirements and internal control objectives.
- Experience within manufacturing and distribution environment including costing and inventory control. Preference to candidates with government costing experience.
- Proven Excel skills required
- Hands-on problem solver
- Strong analytical skills
Competitive compensation Outstanding benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, life insurance) 401(k) plan Generous holiday and paid time off schedules
Contact job poster directly