Dynamics IT Manager - AX D365 - Cleveland, Ohio, US
$150,000 - $175,000
Job type: Permanent
The Director of IT is responsible for information technology strategy and operations including: ERP management; software licensing and updates; cyber security; data management; networking and infrastructure; archiving; intranet; user-level equipment (laptops, cell phones, desktops); phone systems; email; and disaster recovery programs. This position is responsible for establishing and implementing the strategic vision and goals for all IT initiatives in a product-focused organization. He or she will lead all aspects of IT strategy, operations, and maintenance needed to support the business and to create and maintain a stable, scalable IT infrastructure. This person will provide visionary leadership in investigating and proposing the use of new IT initiatives.
The Director of IT will recognize the information needs, provide state-of-the-art solutions to business problems, and lead the IT organization to effectively support all functional areas.
- Include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of long- and short-term strategic plan for IT that aligns with our strategic priorities, business needs and resource planning.
- Provides vision and strategy for all data management activities including developing data management processes and policies, identifying relevant supporting tools and technologies, implementing data governance, and leading the underlying technology platform development needed to enable data innovation.
- Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the application development team and IT staff, including employee development, training, and review processes.
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with our functional leaders to ensure alignment of IT efforts with business needs.
- Ensures that the IT function delivers consistent and cost-effective data and voice communications infrastructure, applications support and application development services.
- Institutes and enforces information security measures, appropriately balances information assurance with ease of access to information necessary to job productivity and protects the information resources of the organization. Oversees the development and support of organizational-wide Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans for IT assets.
- Forecasts future skills needed to acquire and develop an IT workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills, and competencies
- Researches, presents and implements technological alternatives to reduce cycle time, streamline operations, and improve productivity.
- Manages the design, planning, operation, security, and day-to-day operations of on-premise and cloud-based datacenter infrastructure, network, servers, switches, and all data communications.
- Manages developers to ensure that specifications are met and adhere to the business policies and practices that the company has endorsed
- Builds and maintains vendor relationships and manage the purchase of hardware and software.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS or related discipline
- Minimum of ten years IT experience at the senior level of IT; Management/Director with supervisory responsibility
- An ability to manage a primarily web-based systems environment consisting of multiple operating platforms and multiple third-party integrations.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX or D365, Red Prairie, and the ability to translate business requirements to system configurations.
- An understanding of managing solutions hosted on a cloud-based environment, including:
- Azure-based solutions
- AWS-based solutions
- A background in solutions based on the Microsoft stack, including:
- Visual Studio and TFS
- SQL server
- Power BI
- Demonstrates professional competence and confidence, along with the ability to effectively partner with colleagues in a positive and professional manner
- Proven experience leading innovative digital enterprise transformation and implementing modern technologies such as cloud, big data/analytics and emerging technologies to enable productivity and growth.
- Displays a bias for action; focuses on what it takes to succeed rather than on the barriers to success
- Analytical, as well as a problem solver, with excellent attention to detail and organization abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at one time; assigning/delegating other tasks as needed
- Project management experience
Contact job poster directly
Senior Recruitment Consultant